Saturday 1 August 2009

The breakfast game


Oliver won't stop crying in the morning until I've played the breakfast game with him. This started when he was a kitten and we first took him to the vet. Everything we'd done in that first week was wrong. apparently. What flea treatment do you use? That's wrong. What de-wormer do you use? That's wrong, only ever use expensive veterinary ones. What food do you feed him. Wrong wrong wrong. The vet said we should treat wet food like a take-away and only give it every so often. So we got him the recommended Hills Science Plan, for kittens, tuna. But Oliver wouldn't eat it, so I devised the breakfast game.


I sit on the kitchen floor leaning against the oven with the bowl of little brown pellets. One by one I flick/slide/throw the food across the floor and O chases/catches/pats them around. He won't eat any food I've put down for him until we've played the game and makes pathetic little mews until I stop what I'm doing and feed him. Ironically when FB feeds him in the morning, O starts eating straight from the bowl. He really knows how to play me huh.


No comments:

Post a Comment